Visier is a leading cloud-based analytics solution for business intelligence. Our technology is designed to generate, highlight and make accessible valuable business insights to our enterprise-level customers that is based on the data that they give us.
We do analytics and we do them well. As a co-op you’re going to work on meaningful tasks: the real stuff, the real product, in real time. You will be working with the lead Data Scientist as your mentor, and together you will decide on projects based on what excites you as well as Visier’s business interests. This may be a software engineering focus, e.g. enhancing our machine learning pipelines or prototyping of automated insight generation, or all the way to a research focus of unveiling compelling insights into the workforce from our unique multi-million employee cross- customers data set. But not to worry, we will start you off with Bootcamp training, that may include Scala/Client-side certification, depending on your interest. Oh, did we mention we train you?
Our co-op experience is unique and designed to prepare you for professional success. And hey, if we like you, we’ll hire you after you graduate. No questions asked – our conversion rate is impeccably high and it’s how we prefer to hire anyways. If you are passionate about science as well as data and looking for an opportunity to practice your skills in an energetic and creative environment, apply now! Remote
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Strong understanding of statistics and how to apply the scientific method to data using algorithms
- Coding skills in writing Scala, Python or your favorite language
- Advantageous would be to have some knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Hypothesis testing
- Machine learning techniques
- Scientific analysis and knowledge generation
- Attention to detail and knowing how to still keep the big picture in sight
What you value…
- You are passionate about science and data. Our drive is to bring advanced technology and robust scientific techniques into the business world.
- You are determined to succeed and committed to win. The opportunity for success is unrivaled here, but you need to supply the drive. Results matter.
- You are accountable. We take responsibility for our own successes and failures.
- You are disciplined. We do things the right way, we do not cut corners, we do not rely on smoke and mirrors; we are the real deal.