Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Talent Management Advisor is responsible for providing expert consultation to Human Resources and business leaders related to the use of competency models, success profiles and job descriptions. This includes leading cross-functional job assessment initiatives that have operational impact at the enterprise and local levels. This postion will perform competency assessments and job analysis to enure the creation of accurate job descriptions and success profiles. This position will also develop tools and processes to support a robust talent management process.
This position is responsible for supporting change management strategy and execution for associated talent competency and job description initiatives. This position will focus on the people side of change related to changes to business processes, technology, job roles and organizational structure as applicable. The position will develop, recommend and implement change management plans that minimize resistance and maximize engagement for talent initiatives.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Ability to communicate effectively, excellent interpersonal and organizational savvy, ability to instill trust with excellent customer focus, ablity to balance stakeholders and build networks, ensure accountability, and drive results with a high action orientation; ablity to manage ambiguity with a high degree of situational adaptability
(including approximate percentage effort)
a) Competency Framework (30%)
i. Provide oversight and support to ensure competency frameworks and success profiles are developed based on the strategic priorities of the organization.
ii. Facilitate, implement and evaluate ongoing competency development and processes ensuring tools are aligned to organizational talent initiatives.
iii. Establish and maintain critical business relationships with organizational leaders and staff members who use or interact with the competency assessment program, processes, tools and projects.
iv. Develop results-based success profiles.
v. Perform talent reviews based on metrics established through the development of success profiles.
Job Description Management (30%)
i. Perform job audits on new, current or changing jobs to ensure accurate competency, knowledge, skills and abilities are reflected in the job descriptions.
ii. Conduct internal and external job evaluation analysis to support job description process.
iii. Lead cross functional projects related to defining roles and responsibilities of positions across the global organization.
iv. Write standard job descriptions to support the strategic direction of the organization aligned with the competency framework and intended results for each position.
v. Advise and counsel managers and employees through the job analysis process.
vi. Develop, recommend and advise on implementation of job structure changes.
Research and Analysis (20%)
i. Ensure thorough due diligence is performed in all areas of research and analysis to construct recommendations and reports on talent initiatives.
ii. Analyze information resulting from job audits to inform project plans and next step actions.
iii. Working with country level teams maintain awareness of laws, regulations and other factors that may impact country level implementation of standard job descriptions and competency profiles.
iv. Analyzes market and trend data to ensure work products are aligned with industry standards and trends.
Change Management (15%)
i. Manage projects from inception to project closure including final reporting.
ii. Monitor, initiate and update, procedures to accommodate changes needed.
iii. Develop documentation where instructions and procedures are absent.
iv. Develop a communication plan to keep the organization informed about changes in business processes.
v. Manage stakeholders throughout the change process to ensure buy in at all levels.
A. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- 4-year college degree in human resources, organizational design, organizational development, applied communications, or related discipline
- 5 -7 years experience in talent management
- 5 years’ experience creating job descriptions and competency frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of talent management concepts and principles
- Excellent writing skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Certification in the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect® preferred
- Certification in other HR discipline areas
- Experience working with senior and executive level management preferred
- Fluent in Spanish or French (read, write, speak)
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Strong project management skills, including strong process orientation, ability to work and lead cross functional teams, strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and procedures for accomplishing work within established deadlines; ability to lead multiple projects and manage toward deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to negotiate and persuade.
- Proven success in increasingly complex job responsibilities handling multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to assimilate extensive amounts of detailed data, analyze and summarize vast amounts of information as well as understand all of the detail supporting the analysis.
- High degree of critical thinking, problem solving, innovation and systems thinking skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and HRIS talent systems.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Working knowledge of compensation structures.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Ability to learn about Heifer’s mission, approaches, projects, structure, and initiatives.
- Ability to facilitate conversations, as well as ask relevant questions to move projects forward.
- Ability to produce and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively, internationally and nationally, as necessary.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to work using a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.