We are looking for a Senior Business Partner to join the Japan Employee Experience team. You will provide strategic business partner guidance to Senior leaders to drive overall organizational effectiveness in the areas of workforce planning, organizational design, key talent/succession planning, employee morale and change management. This position provides the opportunity for you to partner with senior leaders across several organizations in a fast-paced environment, and to collaborate with colleagues across the globe to deliver best in class programs and support to Adobe Japan.
This position requires a strong interest and focus on Talent Development to promote the continued growth and development of employees at all levels. You will partner with our COE’s to design, consult and implement talent development approach/strategy that is both reflective of regional requirements and aligned with the global talent development strategy. You will also be responsible for facilitating professional development learning sessions to leverage the full potential of our talent and to secure a pipeline of future talent.
What you’ll do
- Provide partnership, consultation and support in the areas of organizational design, organizational development including succession strategy, talent development, employee engagement and change management
- Drive workforce planning initiatives including alignment of resources to corporate priorities, and building capabilities needed to achieve the stated vision and strategy
- Partner with leaders to identify and address critical organizational and people issues, and remove barriers impeding the success of the business
- Model the Adobe Leadership Capabilities which including Selecting Talent, Role-Modeling Check-In, Leading Change, Scaling the Business and Demonstrating Strong EQ
- Build performance management capabilities by coaching leaders to effectively address performance issues and deliver effective feedback to foster employee development and differentiate performance
- Partner with COEs to deliver HR programs to the business, including Engagement Survey, Leadership Development Programs, Annual Rewards and Workforce Planning
- Partner with the Employee Experience Team to develop and track key talent and ensure they are provided with experiences that enable development and retention
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and Employee Experience team to plan and implement internship/new graduate programs
- Design and deliver trainings, facilitations and strategic planning sessions to enable business effectiveness and build capabilities across our teams
- Stay up-to-date of talent trends and advance thinking around solutions to further develop talent and organization effectiveness
What you need to succeed
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships (internal and external) at all levels of the organization
- Strong command of HR practices to increase organizational effectiveness including key talent development, succession planning, organizational design, workforce planning, change leadership and performance management
- Strong background in consulting with excellent coaching and influencing skills
- Experience in Talent Development; planning, designing and facilitating learning experiences
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and remain flexible and agile in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn, grow and take on expanded duties as business needs evolve
- Superb judgment and integrity, including excellent decision making skills and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically to get business needs met
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Collaborative and experienced in leading in a global, matrixed organization
- Exceptional verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- English and Japanese language competency; verbal and written
- Must be skilled in use of Microsoft Office- Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Typically requires minimum of 8-10 years of related HR experience (HR Business Partnering/Talent Development) and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Prior people management or leadership experience preferred
Get to know the team
The Employee Experience team plays a key role in creating a vibrant and dynamic workplace that reflects our core values. The Employee Experience team helps drive Adobe’s success by enabling all of our people to do and be their best. Key areas of focus include Business Partnering, Employee Insights, Rewards, Talent Selection, Talent Development, Technology, Global Workplace Solutions and Employee Resource Center.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.