The mission of Success Academy Charter Schools is to reimagine public education. From the classroom to the halls of government, this means finding profoundly different approaches to how Success Academy structures, implements, and supports learning. To realize their radical vision, they reconceived every aspect of school design, from writing rigorous new curricula to drawing regularly on the advances in technology, business, and social/civic practices that are transforming every sector except education.
Over the past decade, Success Academy has grown faster than any charter network in the nation, building a vibrant network of 46 elementary, middle, and high schools. Their 15,500 children, mostly poor and minority, are outperforming students from the top city and suburban schools across New York State. With their oldest students in 12th grade, they are fast approaching the irrefutable proof point that zip code does not determine destiny.
Success Academy’s goals for their second decade are even more ambitious: to grow to 100 schools and to educate 50,000 children across New York City in a uniquely holistic K-12 system. At 100 schools, Success Academy will be one of the larger school districts in the country – on par with Atlanta or Boston – ensuring that the charter sector is large enough in New York that it cannot be turned back. At 100 schools, they will graduate 3,000 scholars each year who are prepared to enter, persist, and graduate from college and eventually to lead in business, government, and civic realms.
If you are looking to join a team that champions inventiveness, achievement and grit and where you will help shape the future of people, process and business decisions, then SA might be for you.
From understanding what motivates our teachers to identifying unique incentives across different populations, you will take lead in identifying innovative ways to improve the quality of talent insights through dashboards, visualization and reports.
Reporting to the Director of People Analytics, you will be responsible for working with senior leadership and business leaders in identifying and clarifying critical people issues, deeply understanding people processes and creating and analyzing data to inform sound data-driven business , process and people decisions.
The People Analytics team is passionate about using data to support Success Academy’s goal of transforming education.
You will take lead in:
- Partnering with leaders and organizations to identify business, process and people goals to develop initial hypotheses for data analysis;
- Designing, developing and automating data and analytics solutions. Building and prototype models and dashboards to provide insights at scale;
- Shaping and analyzing large data sets to distill insights from data and connect disparate ideas into cohesive and well-grounded recommendations;
- Creating effective, scalable and intuitive reporting solutions to identify problems and develop hypothesis;
- Driving development of quantitative models necessary for evaluation and implementation of new strategies;
- Leading and executing entire projects from initial phase to completion including data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving and communication of insights and recommendations;
- Enabling the Human Capital team to understand patterns and connections within human capital data across functional disciplines to influence business outcomes;
- Performing deep research and statistical analysis on long range strategic HR and talent effectiveness and competitiveness questions;
- Identifying baseline metrics for the design and development of accurate dashboards, reports, presentations used to educate, inform, and influence business decisions, thought leadership and support strategic objectives of the organization; and
- Using appropriate external benchmarks for workforce metrics and key performance indicators that are linked to business results, identifies risks, insights and develops recommendations.
- You bring between 3-5 years of experience working with Business Data, connecting the dots and generating meaningful insights for decision making in Consulting, Finance or Operations.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field or relevant quantitative field;
- You have experience and expertise in translating complex and ambiguous data sets into intuitive and interactive user interfaces;
- You bring experience in building compelling, accurate and engaging visualization that reveal insights and accelerate effective decision making;
- You have strong experience with Excel and Data visualization (e.g., tables, charts, graphs);
- You have prior experience using Exploration tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.) is preferred;
- You bring previous experience in conducting research using basic statistics (e.g., correlations, regressions); and
- You have demonstrated learning agility, curiosity of data and information, and successful root cause analysis.
Other personal characteristics
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills; executive presence and credibility;
- Youhave managed/maintained relationships and have presented to audiences;
- You have demonstrated exceptional judgement and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people and business data;
- You have exceptionally high standards for the quality of work and a reflex to improve at every turn;
- You are self-directed and autonomous yet able to collaborate effectively;
- You are resilient in the face of change;
- You possess an ability to build strong relationships and thoughtfully navigate challenging situations;
- You are a strong problem-solver with excellent and communication skills;
- You have a high level of grit and determination coupled with a sense of humor;
- You are a practical problem solver;
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability; and
- You strive for excellence and set a high bar for yourself and others.