McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding. Sr. Business Manager, People Analytics
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One People Analytics is a center of excellence within HR. From recruiting & hiring to learning & development, diversity, engagement, employee retention, compensation, etc., our team will be the analytics engine supporting our business clients to build and sustain high performing teams. As a member of our team, you will use data and analytics to build products and derive insights for our internal business customers to make fact-based people- and org-related decisions.
As a Senior Business Manager on the People Analytics team, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to the exciting field of People Analytics. You will lead a team of analysts and partner with world-class professionals and senior leadership to solve open-ended, complex questions about how we should attract, develop, and retain top talent…and you will do it in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Connect people data to business performance data to generate relevant, actionable insights and make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Modeling/Analytics: Perform modeling/analytics to predict employee and business outcomes
- Solution Design and Ownership: Leverage emerging technologies to automate existing reporting and make it more insightful. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions. This is a small but high performing team where you will rapidly generate ideas, develop solutions, and see the benefits you have delivered to our customers
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues and senior leaders in HR and the Lines of Business to drive provide insights and drive improvement in associate experience and business results
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Able to bring a forward-leaning, yet responsible approach to transforming people management, while acting as a trusted advisor on sensitive and confidential matters pertaining to employee performance, compensation, etc.
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
- - Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. The ideal candidate should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, and be able to consistently deliver results.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience in People Analytics
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).