NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding. Sr. Business Manager, Commercial People Analytics
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Great talent is arguably the most important driver of strategic and financial success for any business, and represents a massive portion of ongoing costs. As a Sr. Business Manager on the People Analytics team, you will bring data and thought leadership to influence and optimize how we manage talent in the Commercial Bank.
You will partner with senior HR and business partners on high-visibility projects, and your findings and recommendations will have potentially wide-ranging impacts on how we attract, develop, and retain talent. Your work will combine pure analysis and insight generation with design and development of data products to meet customer needs. You will work on sensitive, cross-functional projects where values and culture are often at stake just as much as long-term profitability. You will do this as part of an integrated, mature People Analytics team, with frequent opportunities to receive collaboration and support from colleagues in other areas of Capital One’s business.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic leadership: Work with leaders in the business to identify areas where we can use data to make smarter decisions around talent, and articulate the impacts this can make to our bottom line
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset, working with partners to shape your own agenda for 6+ months
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
- - Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Leadership: Coach and mentor associates on your team with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Design and deliver new people data products to ensure our leaders are informed of talent issues on their teams and what they mean to business results; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Execution: Coordinate across the line of business to manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against our business strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: HR, IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and teams within the business to identify and act on opportunities
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, often dealing with issues of a sensitive and confidential nature. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- 2+ years experience in talent management or HR / people strategy
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 2+ years of experience in product development
- 2+ years of experience in financial modeling and economic forecasting
- 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).