Visier is a fast-growing technology company with over 400 employees across North America and Europe. Our multi-award winning applied analytics solution has been chosen by over 125 large enterprises, including Bridgestone, Electronic Arts, Genentech, LinkedIn, McKesson, and Novo Nordisk.
We’re as passionate about empowering companies with insights as we are about providing our employees with a fun, dynamic, and rewarding work experience. Visier is where you realize your potential, make big dreams a reality, break the status quo, win as a team, and deliver exceptional quality in everything you do.
We are proud to support the professional growth and personal wellness of our people. We offer competitive salary and benefit options, Scala certification, bootcamps, lunch and learns, personal development subsidies, in-house gym facilities (Vancouver office), yoga classes (Vancouver office), volunteer days, unlimited snacks and beverages, monthly socials, and more. Remote
What you'll be doing...
Our Data Management team is responsible for designing, developing and implementing highly efficient and highly scalable ETL processes. As a team member, you’ll solve real-world business problems by designing and building effective ETL tools, writing queries and designing reports.
For new customers, you will be using Visier’s proprietary ETL technology, where you will be writing Scala functions that will transform the data we get from our customers into the Visier data models. Responsibilities range from aggregating data from multiple sources in an efficient data warehouse to designing enterprise-level solutions and empowering business users to create their own reports.
You will be working within the Development team to assist in the ETL process, troubleshoot customer issues, handle customer requests, and on-board data. If you are a focused, energetic and determined self-starter with a passion for databases, apply now!
What you’ll bring to the table...
- Experience with data mapping, transformation, and SQL
- Good knowledge of database management systems such as PostgreSQL
- Good knowledge of ETL tools such as Informatica Cloud
- Good understanding and experience of a modern object oriented language such as Java or C#. Experience in Scala and functional languages are an asset
- Knowledge of web technologies (REST, XML, JSON)
- Efficient time management skills, able to work under pressure and remain organized
- Effective communication skills, able to resolve differences to reach an understanding
- Candidate must be results-oriented; strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail; ability to multitask in a dynamic environment