Visier is currently seeking a highly motivated, team focused, leader to lead our Information Technology and Enterprise Applications team.
The Director, Information Technology will be responsible for leading all aspects of our IT infrastructure and design and develop a roadmap for various SAAS applications within Visier to support the company’s growth and scalability goals.
What you'll be doing...
- Leading the IT team (Operations, HelpDesk and Application – current 10 FTE and 2 contractors) to be the best they can be by providing ongoing coaching, creating a compelling vision, offering hands-on support as needed and motivating them every day with common goals, instant feedback, and transparent communications
- Setting technology direction and priorities and establish appropriate service levels in support of business outcomes
- Developing and controlling the IT annual operating (including various applications spending) and capital expenditure budget and managing expenses to stay on the plan
- Developing and managing vendor relationships and contracts in collaboration with the Procurement
For Operations & Infrastructure:
- Leading all aspects of IT infrastructure, communication, backup, security systems, disaster recovery, standards & policies, etc.
- Managing overall capacity utilization and optimizing infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the IT team including service management/ ticket system, work assignment and providing high level reporting
- Preparing overall status and activity metrics that document and tracks delivery of IT services, system availability and outages, response times and other key IT metrics
- Ensuring high availability of critical business systems to enable the business to achieve the high productivity
- Assessing internal technology capabilities and processes and making continuous improvements to automate, to scale and to be more efficient/effective
- Working closely with SRE (including Security team), ensuring the backup & recovery strategy and security to support systems impacting Visier’s customers
- Working with business stakeholders to define the technology direction in support of business outcomes and objectives, communicating trade-offs and understanding implications
- Working with cross-functional team to support the implementation and administration of systems such as Salesforce, NetSuite, ServiceNow, and a variety of other SaaS applications including our own Visier offerings
- Tackling abstract requirements from a variety of stakeholders and formulating those into technical requirements or solutions to support business objectives
- Developing and communicating business/technology alignment to the business stakeholders, executive team, employees and partners where applicable.
- Taking a proactive approach to understanding a variety of business processes and identifying opportunities for improvement through applications and potential integrations
- Working closely with Procurement, managing SaaS technology contracts from with a view to total lifecycle management, including procurement, implementation, operationalization, improvements, adoption and eventual retirement of investments
- May be asked to perform other duties as required
What you'll bring to the table...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent
- MBA is an asset
- Over 10 years of experience leading a high-performance technology group
- Strong leadership experience in building and scaling an IT team
- Project management experience and ability to translate strategy into successful execution
- Experience in defining and leading IT strategy for a software/high-tech company during a high-growth stage
- Experience in establishing and monitoring IT budgets
- Ability to build solid relationships with multiple stakeholders to ensure alignment between IT and business objectives
- Experience in bringing a well-thought-out assessments and recommendations to the executive team including best practice and emerging technology trends
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence multiple technology savvy stakeholders
- Experience in overseeing an office move or managing facilities is advantageous