Does the prospect of providing data-driven insight within a growing HR function excite you? We are looking for an experienced, high-energy, and tenacious consultant to join our HR Business Insights team.
The HR Business Insights team at VMware provides both business and HR leaders with data-based insights to influence strategic decisions related to our most precious commodity: our talent. Our team’s mission is to use all available data at its disposal (from the business, HR, and external sources) to conduct in-depth research, with the aim of uncovering meaningful insights to better inform employee-related decisions and offerings which will, in turn, positively impact VMware’s bottom-line business success.
This role will report to the Director, HR Business Insights and will partner closely with colleagues in the global compensation team, the executive compensation and equity compensation team, the HRIS reporting team, and other HR Centers of Excellence.
- Lead a variety of research projects, such as competitive compensation and benefits analyses aimed at attracting and retaining key talent in critical roles.
- Make recommendations for the types of analyses that should be conducted with our HR program data to measure the return on investment of HR programs, with a focus on compensation, incentive, equity, and benefits programs.
- Oversee a conjoint research project focused on compensation and benefits offerings.
- Conduct statistical analyses of HR and/or business data to identify actionable insights and make recommendations based on analysis findings.
- Use benchmark data to make data comparisons and action plan recommendations.
- Present visually compelling displays of data using appropriate communication channels, e.g., presentation decks, dashboards.
- Recommend follow-up analyses and reporting as appropriate.
- Measure the results of actions taken to craft a closed loop process.
- Assist with building a foundation of analytical capabilities throughout the HR organization, including the design and delivery of learning resources for HR employees.
- MBA or advanced degree in a field that emphasizes analyzing, displaying, or reporting data (e.g., computer science, math, engineering, economics, statistics, psychology).
- 6-8 years of progressive consulting or corporate work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that drive program changes (e.g., experience in HR analytics, management consulting, sales operations, finance, compensation, or related fields).
- Highly proficient in Excel (creating formulas, macros, pivot tables).
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Working knowledge of statistical principles, including statistical significance testing.
- Experience in synthesizing data, both quantitative and qualitative, across a variety of sources.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate complex issues in a straightforward manner to varied audiences.
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive employee information.
- Attention to detail that borders on obsessiveness, coupled with an ability to self-audit work to a very high degree of accuracy.
- Experience with extracting data from HRIS systems, e.g., Workday, and standard databases.
- Ability to influence decision makers through judicious use of data.
- Commitment to follow through on issues to completion.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in an ambiguous and unpredictable environment.
- Insatiable curiosity to answer complex questions.
- Experience providing excellent customer support.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary, a strong sense of accountability, and sound professional judgment.
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal direction, as well as collaborate with others.
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages such as SPSS or R.
This position can be located in Austin, TX. or Bellevue, WA.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.