Visier is a fast-growing technology company with over 450 employees across North America and Europe. Our multi-award winning applied analytics solution has been chosen by over 140 large enterprises, including Bridgestone, BNY Mellon, Electronic Arts, Genentech, LinkedIn, McKesson, and Novo Nordisk.
We’re as passionate about empowering companies with insights as we are about providing our employees with a fun, dynamic, and rewarding work experience. Visier is where you realize your potential, make big dreams a reality, break the status quo, win as a team, and deliver exceptional quality in everything you do.
We are proud to support the professional growth and personal wellness of our people. We offer competitive salary and benefit options, lunch and learns, personal development subsidies, in-house gym facilities, yoga classes, volunteer days, unlimited snacks and beverages, monthly socials, and more.
Sound like your next career move? Apply to be part of Visier today!
As Product Marketing Manager you will play a key role in product marketing strategy for Visier’s flagship solution. From positioning to messaging to content creation to competitive analysis, you’ll shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal customer base.
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in. Remote
What you'll be doing...
- Be the expert on our buyers, why they buy, and their buying criteria
- Be the expert on our competition and how we differentiate
- Develop and evangelize inspiring product positioning, messaging, and value proposition that differentiates and drives demand for our new and disruptive solutions
- Build compelling content that excites, inspires, and compels market adoption
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to enable the sales channel
- Work with a cross-functional team to launch new products and releases
- Collaborate on the use of Social Media and PR to drive awareness and demand, and foster customer communities
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Act as a thought leader, including speaking engagements and written works
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
What you'll bring to the table...
- 5+ years product marketing experience, in a B2B technology/software environment
- BA/BS degree in a technical or marketing field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience marketing cloud software to business buyers
- Experience in analytics, planning, or human capital management
- Strong portfolio demonstrating writing, thought leadership, and content marketing experience
- Experience developing “Challenger” Messaging, Commercial teaching insights, and compelling “lead to’ messaging an asset
- Experience in a startup or emerging growth technology company delivering disruptive solutions to Fortune 2000 companies an asset
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Asana, and Google Apps
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo
- Some travel required
- Strategic thinking
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills