Visier is a fast-growing technology company with over 400 employees across North America and Europe. Our multi-award winning applied analytics solution has been chosen by over 125 large enterprises, including Bridgestone, Electronic Arts, Genentech, LinkedIn, McKesson, and Novo Nordisk.
We’re as passionate about empowering companies with insights as we are about providing our employees with a fun, dynamic, and rewarding work experience. Visier is where you realize your potential, make big dreams a reality, break the status quo, win as a team, and deliver exceptional quality in everything you do.
We are proud to support the professional growth and personal wellness of our people. We offer competitive salary and benefit options, Scala certification, bootcamps, lunch and learns, personal development subsidies, in-house gym facilities (Vancouver office), yoga classes (Vancouver office), volunteer days, unlimited snacks and beverages, monthly socials, and more.
Sound like your next career move? Check out the roles waiting for you below! Remote
What you'll be doing...
- Gather requirements and design new software features that enables easy deployment management
- Deploy and maintain highly available services in AWS
- Automate manual operational tasks
- Manage traditional and cloud hosting environments as infrastructure-as-code
- Understand business requirements and author technical design for features
- Debug own code and existing code base, and develop and document how to test a feature in a test plan
- Provide task breakdown, dependencies and time estimates in technical design document
- Collaborate with stakeholders in other departments and fellow developers
What you'll bring to the table...
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field with an excellent academic record in Computer Science courses
- 3+ years of experience with at least one relevant programming language (i.e. Python, Bash)
- Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent knowledge of Linux internals, administration and networking
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of deployment and configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Strong experience with container technologies
- Personal projects and/or contribution to projects on open source
- Ability to work quickly to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to disciplined and top quality software development – we write only high quality code and tests that ship rapidly into production