West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding. Sr. Business Analyst, People Analytics
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Senior Business Analyst on the People Analytics team at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to address People and Org-related decisions across our business. You will be a part of the broader People Analytics center of excellence, where you will collaborate with other teams to identify synergies while also innovating as needed to solve problems. You will team with world-class professionals and senior leadership to delve into major people management and talent initiatives, such as:
- Using data to improve returns on recruiting and selection investments with greater quantity and quality of candidates
- Understanding and predicting associate turnover, and working with business leaders to boost retention
- Understanding how culture, learning, and talent management actions shape productivity and performance by using real, hard data about behavior and associate outcomes
…and you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Identify people management challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve them using analysis to make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Modeling / Forecasting: Perform modeling/analytics to provide senior leaders with insight into the potential impacts of new or existing talent management systems and processes
- Automated solution design and ownership: Identify opportunities to make people management processes smarter and faster with data and machine automation. Work with leaders to design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions. This is a small team where you will rapidly generate ideas, develop solutions, and see the benefits you have delivered to our customers
- Execution: Develop and test hypotheses, design solutions, assess operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts, and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: HR, IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in associate experience and business results
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: A confident decision-maker, able to bring a forward-leaning, yet responsible approach to transforming people management
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on understanding what our business partners need and how to most effectively meet their short and long term needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience in People Analytics
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in report/analysis automation
- 1+ years of experience in statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).