The QA director will oversee the entire testing organization in an exciting fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will contribute in evolving the architecture of the test framework both in terms of design as well as implementation, and you will manage and coordinate the Test Development resources to ensure high quality updates for our customers. The testing team implements and runs test automation using a variety of the latest technologies and is responsible for ensuring the quality of our application releases for each customer.
We are looking for motivated technical leaders who are passionate about testing software, committed to results and who care deeply about customer satisfaction and maintaining a high bar for the quality of our products. Apart from ensuring technical excellence, they also must be passionate about inspiring, empowering and developing their team members and must be able to create a working environment in which test developers are engaged and motivated to provide their best work.
Successful candidates must have proven knowledge and hands-on experience in designing and implementing a test automation strategy and should also have some understanding in data analysis (BI). They must have hands-on experience with multiple testing activities including but not limited to functional, regression, black/white box and automated testing. They must also have proven experience in managing a technical team; and they need to be able to take an enterprise perspective, see the bigger picture, and be adept at balancing near-term deliverables with long-term investments.
What you'll be doing...
- Define a test strategy and roadmap that will meet the requirements of ensuring top quality releases to customers as we scale
- Provide technical leadership in defining and evolving our test architecture; you will lead by example and take part in hands-on design and delivery of the implementation, ensuring the resulting test framework is maintainable, efficient, effective and able to support increase in scale as products and technologies change and advance
- Lead a team of Software Test Developers; you will coach, mentor and develop team members and you will provide them with direction, guidance, and support
- Plan testing activities across all Visier products and ensure they are executed well; you will review and approve test plans and you will ensure team members are fully utilized, challenged and successful in their roles
- Collaborate with Software Developers on evolving our ability to ensure correctness of data loads through automated testing
What you'll bring to the table...
- Experience working in a SaaS/ Cloud environment for a software product development company
- 5+ years of leading experience in software testing, preferably in an agile (scrum) environment
- 5+ years of automation testing experience (incl. proven experience in design & implementation of test automation strategy)
- Proven experience in leading a high-performing development or testing team including identifying and implementing staff development plans and fostering a professional and productive work environment for team members
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative approaches and flexible in working with others
- Demonstrated drive and ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Results oriented, high attention to detail, takes ownership and initiative in responsibilities and leads by example
- Extensive working knowledge of software automation testing techniques, QA best practices and testing automation technologies
- Experience in BI/Analysis; in particular, understanding and experience in the use of business intelligence and analytics in large enterprises and experience with project management methodologies and tools is an asset
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline