Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding. Senior Business Manager - People Analytics
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business Manager - People Analytics
About the Role:
In this unique and high profile role you will be responsible for helping develop and shape talent strategy for Capital One’s Financial Services division. Capital One is a rapidly evolving technology company and this role sits at the heart of our current talent practices as well as ensuring we future proof our talent and organization. Capital One and Financial Services are experiencing incredible innovation and change. You will work closely with the President of the division, the senior most executive leaders in our business and Human Resources. To succeed in this role you must have a passion for people practices such as Performance Management, Talent Management, Diversity and Inclusion and Survey. Successful candidates will have a deep desire to understand the future of work and operate in a world where People data and practices intersect with artificial intelligence. This role is an opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to develop a vision and leave their mark in helping Capital One retain and grow its competitive advantage in talent, amidst a disruptive external environment.
As a Business Analysis Senior Manager within People Analytics you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to solving human capital problems.. Your role will involve interfacing with senior leadership within the HR organization and guiding their talent strategy through data insights. You will collaborate on initiatives to attract and retain the best talent, accelerate careers, foster a culture of belonging, to facilitate the formation of high performing and engaged teams, among many other initiatives to develop the talent of the future for Capital One.
- Flawless execution and continuous innovation: Work with cross-functional teams to deliver well managed and impactful core HR processes and programs
- Shape talent strategy
- Leverage data and analysis to solve complex business and talent problems for the Financial
- Services division, the broader DFW market or Capital One enterprise
- Build products, and develop analytically-based insights and policy recommendations
- Influence partners and key stakeholders
- Help inspire other HR partners to embrace new frameworks, tools and technology
Specific Responsibilities Included, But Are Not Limited To
- Analysis: Connect people data to business performance data to generate relevant, actionable insights and make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Modeling/Analytics: Perform modeling/analytics to understand and predict employee and business behaviors
- Solution Design and Ownership: Leverage emerging technologies to prepare and deliver insights to our business partners in a scalable way. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Able to marry facts and your point of view acting as a trusted advisor on sensitive and confidential matters pertaining to employee performance, compensation, etc.
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions
About the Team:
Our team in Plano, TX is a cross-functional team of business analysts, product managers, designers, data scientists, human resources, process managers and full stack developers committed to transforming the Auto Finance industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or PhD in quantitative HR field (I/O Psychology, Organizational Behavior)
- 2+ years of experience in consulting
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience working in Human Resources
- 2+ years of experience in product development
- 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).